06 December 2011

Countries & States Worked

Another old post from my wordpress site:

January 12, 2011
From here in Colorado, operating casually for 6 months (since August 2010), using a stock Yaesu FT-817ND, Par End Fedz 10/20/40, 5 watts or less, SSB voice, I have made contacts in:
40 states (still need: Alaska, Connecticut, Delaware, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, Rhode Island, Vermont, and West Virginia)
Canada
Aruba
Turks & Caicos Is.
Dominican Republic
Mexico
Slovenia
Poland
Russia
Germany
France
Hungary
Bulgaria
Czech Republic
Slovak Republic
Sweden
Portugal
Austria
Venezuela
Norway
Azore Is.
Argentina
Brazil
Costa Rica
Bogota
Kermedec Is.
St. Maarten
Japan
28 March 2011 Update:
Yesterday was the CQ WW contest and was yet another example that even  a mere 5 watts can provide reliable worldwide communications. Taking my time and cruising the bands, in 1hr and 20min I made contacts in:
Brazil, Belgium, Germany, Croatia, Netherlands, Bosnia, Slovenia, Italy, and Curacao.
The Brazilian station was noteworthy in that it was my first 10m DX contact. 10m doesn’t seem to be open very much (at least when I’m operating) so I was happy to make the contact with PR5D.

No comments:

Post a Comment